Congratulations on being nominated in the 19th Annual Biz X Awards!
You should be very proud of this accomplishment. The Biz X Awards honour excellence in the Windsor Essex community and should you be victorious, this is a very prestigious award to win. However being a nominee is also a huge honour and we are proud of all our nominees and winners.
The next step in the awards process is that you must return mandatory information we require and provided all our rules and criteria are met, you will be declared an official nominee and included in our voting poll September 12 to September 26, 2016.
Once the polls open in September, don’t be shy to toot your own horn. Do whatever you can to get your customers to vote for you on the Biz X website — use social media and your own website to get those votes coming in!
Keep in mind the nomination and voting process is not a popularity contest — it only takes ONE nomination to be included in the voting poll. *Note: at this time you do NOT need to get more nominations as we are verifying your status as a nominee at this time.
Vote tallies are only a portion of the overall selection process.
All votes received, along with company background information supplied, and nomination details are then reviewed by the Biz X panel of Judges after the polls close on September 26.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 19 OR YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF WINDSOR ESSEX, DO NOT PROCEED TO ANSWER ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS AND EMAIL DEBORAH@BIZXMAGAZINE.COM IMMEDIATELY AS UNFORUNATELY YOU ARE UNABLE TO PARTCIPATE.
If you are over 19 and a resident of Windsor Essex, please comply with all requests below so that your nomination counts as the Judges require this background information to assist them in making an informed decision.
Please complete the three steps below.
(Click to read what is required)
WE NEED YOUR GENERAL INFORMATION BY THE DATE SPECIFIED IN THE EMAIL YOU RECEIVED
It is very important you take the time to complete this request. The information you provide will be given to our panel of Judges and used as part of their deliberations in deciding the business or individual best suited to receive the award in your category. The information you provide may also be used to compile a write-up on your company in the annual awards tribute published Nov/December, should your business be declared the winner.
Please keep in mind that the staff of Biz X does NOT decide the winners and you do not have to advertise in the magazine (past, present or future) to win.
On your company letterhead (whenever possible) please provide the following information at the top of the page.
Note: if you are nominated for categories #1 to #7 or #14 to 21 or #23 & #24 please let us know “NO THIS IS NOT A CHAIN/NON PROFIT” OR if you are nominated in PEOPLE categories #8 to #13 and #22 please indicate if you own or work for a chain, non profit or privately owned company.
CATEGORY NOMINATED FOR:
WHEN COMPANY OPENED:
BUSINESS/ORGANIZATION ADDRESS (IF A HOME ADDRESS PLEASE LIST IT BUT LET US KNOW IF IT CAN BE PUBLISHED):
PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT YOU OR YOUR BUSINESS DOES: IE SERVICES, PRODUCTS IN A FEW LINES:
DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIALTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES:
PLEASE STATE WHY YOU FEEL YOU DESERVE TO BE THE OVERALL WINNER:
WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC CATEGORY
LOOK UNDER YOUR CATEGORY NUMBER FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION WE REQUIRE IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE RELATED TO YOUR CATEGORY. THE SPECIFIC CRITERIA AND THE ABOVE BASIC INFORMATION MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR SUBMISSION TO US. IGNORE ALL OTHER CATEGORIES AND ONLY FOCUS ON THE ONE YOU ARE NOMINATED FOR.
BUSINESS & SERVICE (*no chains/non profits permitted)
1. “Outstanding New Business Of 2016” :confirm you opened between September 1, 2015 and Sept. 1, 2016 and that you are not in the restaurant, bar or food truck industry.
-please tell us why you feel your business is unique and has the staying power to last through the years
2. “Fantastic Family Biz” : please mention the family relationship to all owners in the business, whether it is husband/wife, parents and children, cousins, brother/sister etc and give the family history a little.
3. “Land Surveyors Who Go The Limit”: give a few examples of any local company or residential projects you have worked on to show your superior service.
4. “The Small Engine Repair Shop That Gets Your Motor Running” : describe all things you can fix, a bit on your prices and the length of time needed to do the job.
5. “The Safety Consultant Our Lives Depend On”: let us know if you provide services for the general public such as CPR, first aid and defibrillator training or you are a consultant for health/safety matters in the workplace. describe any services in as much detail as possible.
6. “The Transmission Shop That’s Always In High Gear”: note if you specialize in transmissions or are a general automotive repair centre and any other important factors such as pricing, a trusted reputation, experience and flexible appointments that we should consider.
7. “Top Of The Heap Bin Rental”: list the types of bins you have available, any value added services and pricing whenever possible.
8. “2016 Powerhouse Professional”: what have you done to prove that you have what it takes to keep the company/organization you own or work for profitable in today’s tough times?
9. “Artist Of The Year”: please tell us what type of artist you are (singer, painter, musician, sculptors, bands, actors only) and a little bit about your background. *No authors, photographers or corporate entertainment businesses.
10. “Ace Of Cakes”: please give some examples (even photos can be included) of some of the creative cakes you have designed and explain your pricing a bit.
11. “The Makeup Artist Who Puts Your Best Face Forward”: give an example or two of how you have gone the extra mile to make your client look the best they can be!
12. “Charity Begins With This Mover & Shaker”: list the charities you have volunteered for or have donated to and why in detail please. include how long you have been doing this for.
13. “Leader Of The Franchise World” : please tell us if you own the franchise (how many locations you have) or how many you run for the corporation and how you became involved with the business, plus why you feel you have had a successful career.
RETAIL (*no chains/non profits permitted)
14. “The Best Little Retail Shop Of 2016”: give some examples of great customer service, describe the selection you offer and why you believe you are #1 in your industry. *Note you must have a storefront, no on-line businesses please.
15. “Deli Dreamland”: describe in detail how many meats or sausages/cheeses you sell, how many different countries you have products from, if you have a spot for people to enjoy a deli sandwich on site.
16. “A Bookworm’s Paradise”: describe your selection of books, the atmosphere of your shop and if you have a spot for people to browse and sit to leaf through a potential purchase.
17. “Trendiest Fashion Boutique”: what kind of casual attire and makes are you selling, the price range and tell us about your staff and customer service. *Note selling formal dresses is not a factor in this award.
18. “Most Memorable Memorial Company”: during a time of sorrow grieving families need to know they can count on you, let us know how you can assist them in making the right choices for their loved ones.
19. “Lettuce Declare This The Healthiest Delivery Around” : describe all your delivery options and in-depth detail on the products you deliver, what the packages look like, your prices and delivery area. *Only produce delivery services can participate.
HOSPITALITY & ENTERTAINMENT (*no chains/non profits permitted with one exception only #22)
20. “Restaurant That’s Hot, Hot, Hot For 2016!” : describe your cuisine, prices, atmosphere and include a copy of your menu. *Restricted to dining establishments in Windsor, Tecumseh and LaSalle.
21. “County Cuisine Worth The Drive”: send us a copy of your menu, top dishes and describe your atmosphere. *This is for restaurants outside Windsor, Tecumseh and LaSalle only.
22. “The Most Wonderful Event Of The Year”: let us know as much as ou can about what your event is all about and if any money is raised for charity. *Non profits and charities can participate as a special exception, however festivals and trade shows can’t.
23. “The Lanes That Bowl You Over”: describe the condition of your alleys, number of lanes, leagues you run and any extra perks like an on-site restaurant, party room and more.
24. “Simply The Best Wings In Town”: mention your wing deals, number of sauces, regular pricing, the environment at your establishment and include a menu of wing styles and sauces if possible. *Nominee must be a bar, club or pub.
WE NEED YOU TO SEND US YOUR INFORMATION FROM SECTION (#1) AND (#2) BY THE DEADLINE DATE.
If you like you may also include letters of reference from customers/suppliers and put in your envelope for us. As well if you feel other information is needed, feel free to add in any details you think we need to know.
Send your answers to us by mail to:
Biz X magazine
ATTENTION AWARDS DEPARTMENT
PO Box 27035, 7720 Tecumseh Road East
Windsor, Ontario, N8T 3N5
Or drop off to our mailbox in Tecumseh Mall, inside Shoppers Drug Mart in the Canada Post section at the mall entrance. Your nomination information MUST BE IN AN ENVELOPE marked “BIZ X MAGAZINE, BOX 27035.”
*No Emails or/faxed materials are accepted (unless noted in your email due to a last minute nomination). Allow plenty of time for the information to reach us by the date you have been given. Your information must be to us by a specified time in order for you to be properly approved to be included in the September poll…do not wait until the last minute! If you do not send us the information it could mean that your business name is listed incorrectly so we would like to avoid that and have all in order. Thank you.
*If you have any questions please reply back to the email sent to you.