Congratulations on being nominated in the 20th Annual Biz X Awards!
You should be very proud of this accomplishment. The Biz X Awards honour excellence in the Windsor Essex community and should you be victorious, this is a very prestigious award to win. However being a nominee is also a huge honour and we are proud of all our nominees and winners.
The next step in the awards process is that you must return mandatory information we require and provided all our rules and criteria are met, you will be declared an official nominee and included in our voting poll September 13 (9 am) to September 27 (5 pm), 2017.
Once the polls open in September, don’t be shy to toot your own horn. Do whatever you can to get your customers to vote for you on the Biz X website — use social media and your own website to get those votes coming in!
Keep in mind the nomination and voting process is not a popularity contest — it only takes ONE nomination to be included in the voting poll. *Note: at this time you do NOT need to get more nominations as we are verifying your status as a nominee at this time.
Vote tallies are only a portion of the overall selection process.
All votes received, along with company background information supplied, and nomination details are then reviewed by the Biz X panel of Judges after the polls close on September 27.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 19 OR YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF WINDSOR ESSEX, DO NOT CONTINUE TO ANSWER ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS AND EMAIL DEBORAH@BIZXMAGAZINE.COM IMMEDIATELY AS UNFORTUNATELY YOU ARE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE.
If you are over 19 and a resident of Windsor Essex, please comply with all requests below so that your nomination counts as the Judges require this background information to assist them in making an informed decision.
Please complete the three steps below.
(Click to read what is required)
WE NEED YOUR GENERAL INFORMATION BY THE DATE SPECIFIED IN THE EMAIL YOU RECEIVED
It is very important you take the time to complete this request. The information you provide will be given to our panel of Judges and used as part of their deliberations in deciding the business or individual best suited to receive the award in your category. The information you provide may also be used to compile a write-up on your company in the annual awards tribute published Nov/December, should your business be declared the winner.
Please keep in mind that the staff of Biz X does NOT decide the winners and you do not have to advertise in the magazine (past, present or future) to win.
On your company letterhead (whenever possible) please provide the following information at the top of the page.
Note: if you are nominated for categories #1 to #7 or #14 to 21 or #23 & #24 please let us know “NO THIS IS NOT A NATIONAL CHAIN/NON PROFIT” OR if you are nominated in PEOPLE categories #8 to #13 and #22 please indicate if you own or work for a chain, non profit or privately owned company.
CATEGORY NOMINATED FOR:
WHEN COMPANY OPENED:
BUSINESS/ORGANIZATION ADDRESS (IF A HOME ADDRESS PLEASE LIST IT BUT LET US KNOW IF IT CAN BE PUBLISHED):
PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT YOU OR YOUR BUSINESS DOES: IE SERVICES, PRODUCTS IN A FEW LINES:
DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIALTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES:
PLEASE STATE WHY YOU FEEL YOU DESERVE TO BE THE OVERALL WINNER:
WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC CATEGORY
LOOK UNDER YOUR CATEGORY NUMBER FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION WE REQUIRE IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE RELATED TO YOUR CATEGORY. THE SPECIFIC CRITERIA AND THE ABOVE BASIC INFORMATION MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR SUBMISSION TO US. IGNORE ALL OTHER CATEGORIES AND ONLY FOCUS ON THE ONE YOU ARE NOMINATED FOR.
BUSINESS & SERVICE (*no chains/non profits allowed)
1. “Outstanding New Business Of 2017”
- confirm you opened your business between September 1, 2016 and September 1, 2017 and provide us with the exact date you officially opened the doors
- confirm your business is NOT a restaurant, food truck or bar.
- please tell us why you feel your business is unique and has the staying power to last through the years.
2. “Remarkable Realtors Holding The Key To Success”
- please let us know the number of agents on your team and if need be, list a few of their names
- what marketing methods do you use to promote the residential and commercial listings you have for sale
- what benefits do you offer that competitors might not
- how do you support the local community
- provide an example of how you might have gone beyond the call of duty to help a client get the home of their dreams in this hot housing market we are currently experiencing
3. “Elite Local Employment Agency”
- list your specific industry expertise, access to qualified candidates, in-depth screening processes and your follow-up procedures after the hire
- mention any specific companies you represent if not confidential
4. “The Drywall Biz Who’s Name Is Written All Over It”
- fill us in on any residential, commercial or institutional projects you have completed that you are extremely proud of where we might see your work
- inform us on any outstanding skills your employees have to do this job
- do you work with any big local contractors who can give you a good reference?
5. “It’s Always A Good Hair Day At This Salon”
- please tell us the number of stylists working from your location
- list all your services and any special perks you offer
- give an example of that extra special touch you feel your stylists have over others
6. “Terrific Trucking Co. Which Goes The Distance”
- please submit details on your experience, reputation, on time delivery of goods and rates
- how far away do you pick up or deliver to? what type of goods can you handle?
7. “Fastest & Most Reliable Courier”
- describe all your services and a general overview of rates too
8. “2017 Powerhouse Professional”
- what have you done to prove you have what it takes to keep the company/organization you own or manage profitable in today’s tough times?
9. “Artist Of The Year”
- please tell us what type of artist you are (singer, painter, musician, sculptors, bands, actors only) and a little bit about your background and how you got your start.
- confirm you are NOT an author, photographer or owner of a corporate entertainment businesses.
10. “Dazzling Dentist”
- give an outstanding example or two of how you have helped a patient to show off his/her pearly whites! (we realize you have hundreds, if not thousands of patients, but are looking for a challenging example)
- how do you handle emergencies
- what hours is your office open
11. “Marvellous Manicurist”
- let us know how you have perfected the latest nail design trends; are a good communicator and practice good hygiene
12. “Tip Top Server”
- give us a few lines on how you treat your customers when they first come into contact with you, describe your work attitude and how you are familiar with the menu at your restaurant
13. “Most Loved Boss”
- Send us a few examples on how you empower your employees to do their best at work and meet sales goals etc.
- Give us a few details to show how you are a caring individual
- Explain any perks you offer to employees for a job well done
RETAIL (*no chains/non profits allowed)
14. “The Best Little Retail Shop Of 2017”
- give some examples of your great customer service, describe the selection of items you offer and why you believe you are #1 in your industry.
- confirm you have a storefront, and are not an on-line business.
15. “A Massage Made In Heaven”
- what experience do you have and are your therapists RMTs
- list the types of massages and prices that you offer
- describe the atmosphere of your salon and decor
16. “Smokin’ Hot Vape Shop”
- explain a bit about your selection of vape juices and supplies in stock
- prove your employees are knowledgeable about the products and can properly assist customers in helping them quit cigarette smoking
17. “Finest Place For Business Attire”
- how can you help business men make a memorable fashion statement at an important business meeting or gala
- list all clothing items you have available
18. “Coolest Kids Clothes” (a children’s shop with a large selection, numerous sizes, fair prices, friendly staff)
- explain the selection you have, sizes available and your price range
- give a few examples to show your exceptional customer service
19. “The Dealership Which Puts The Pedal To The Metal”
- what do you offer that proves your products and sales team go the extra mile for the customers
- what type of cars do you sell? makes? new or used or both? do you have a parts department on site, oil changes etc …anything extra such as giveaways or free services when they buy with you?
HOSPITALITY & ENTERTAINMENT (*no chains/non profits allowed; exception only #22)
20. “Restaurant That’s Hot, Hot, Hot For 2017!”
- describe your cuisine, prices, atmosphere
- please include a copy of your menu
- confirm the business is NOT a food truck or diner
21. “Good Ole Home Cooking”
- describe your top dishes people can choose that will make them feel like they are enjoying a meal like their momma use to make!
- describe the atmosphere of your business and if it is a cafe, restaurant, diner or food truck
- please send us a copy of your menu that includes prices
22. “The Most Wonderful Event Of The Year”
- let us know as much as you can about what your event is all about (what, when, where and how much it costs to attend)
- if you raise funds for a charity please note the charity name and how much you have raised in the past
- confirm you are NOT a festival
23. “The Great Escape Room”
- describe the escape room packages you offer and the pricing
- how often do you change the room themes
- how can you help businesses build team morale
- why is this a beneficial outing for a family or a group of friends
24. “The Tourist Centre Of Attraction”
- what do you offer that would attract visitors to your place of business and even local residents from Windsor Essex
- note your hours and if you are seasonal
- confirm you are not associated with the OLG, owned or run by the city of Windsor or a local town and are a privately owned business
WE NEED YOU TO SEND US YOUR INFORMATION FROM SECTION (#1) AND (#2) BY THE DEADLINE DATE.
If you like you may also include letters of reference from customers/suppliers and put in your envelope for us. As well if you feel other information is needed, feel free to add in any details you think we need to know.
Send your answers to us by mail to:
Biz X magazine
ATTENTION AWARDS DEPARTMENT
PO Box 27035, 7720 Tecumseh Road East
Windsor, Ontario, N8T 3N5
*No Emails or/faxed materials are accepted (unless noted in your email due to a last minute nomination). Allow plenty of time for the information to reach us by the date you have been given. Your information must be to us by a specified time in order for you to be properly approved to be included in the September poll…do not wait until the last minute! If you do not send us the information it could mean that your business name is listed incorrectly so we would like to avoid that and have all in order. Thank you.
*If you have any questions please reply to the email sent to you.