Sports related events appear on the event calendar of our sister publication In Play! magazine. Check it out!
- This event has passed.
LaSalle Hosts Public Information on Official Plan
April 17 @ 1:00 pm - April 18 @ 9:00 pm
LaSalle Hosts Public Information Centres on Official Plan
The Town of LaSalle is hosting Public Information Centres about its Official Plan. The Official Plan is LaSalle’s long-term planning document. It provides a vision and policies to guide planning and development in LaSalle over the next 20 years. Under Ontario’s Planning Act, municipalities are required to review their Official Plan, and to conform to the Upper-Tier Plan and to be consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement. The process to update LaSalle’s Existing Official Plan started in 2015.
Town Planning Staff, together with Staff from the Planning Partnership (the Town’s Official Plan Consultant) will be available to provide information and answer questions regarding the Town’s New Official Plan document.
Public Information Centres
Tuesday and Wednesday, April 17 and April 18, 2018
1:00 pm to 3:30 pm and from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Council Chambers, LaSalle Civic Centre
5950 Malden Road, LaSalle
A Planning Advisory Committee Meeting is also scheduled for Tuesday, April 17 at 5:00 pm in Council Chambers at LaSalle Civic Centre. The Planning Partnership will discuss the Official Plan Review process at this meeting. All are welcome to attend the Public Information Centres and/or the Planning Advisory Committee meeting. Comments about LaSalle’s Official Plan are welcome in person or by email at [email protected]
New Official Plan policies and designations that are being considered by Council, include:
- Where and how LaSalle should grow over the next 20 years;
- Ways the Town can encourage a broader and more affordable range of housing to be built;
- Where new commercial business can build, expand and grow to meet the evolving needs of LaSalle residents, and to create new employment opportunities;
- Infrastructure and services that will be needed in the community to accommodate growth, and to ensure that the Town will continue to be a healthy, vibrant and caring community;
- Strategies, principles and guidelines to help build and maintain successful and resilient neighbourhoods and districts, that support active transportation, public transit, and are able to responsibly address emerging issues related to a changing climate.
Dates and times of events are subject change. Please contact organizers to confirm details.
Biz X magazine is committed to fostering a lively but civil forum for discussion, we encourage all our readers to share their views on our articles, blog posts and events. We ask that you not make personal attacks and please keep your comments relevant to the topic and respectful. Any comments that are abusive will be deleted. The views and opinions expressed at these events are not necessarily those of Biz X magazine or its advertisers. We have chosen the Facebook platform to reduce anonymous comments. Thank you.