2016 Deadlines Set for the Arts, Culture and Heritage Fund (ACHF) Grant Program
The City of Windsor is looking for would-be jurors who possess a brain for business, an eye for art, and a heart for a cultural community. Juror Applications are being accepted now for the exciting third year of the Arts, Culture and Heritage Fund (ACHF) grant program initiative that awards project grants to deserving individuals and cultural organizations to help stimulate creative and economic growth in Windsor.
If you feel you have the qualities needed to help select winning entries, please apply today. The deadline to apply to be a juror is Friday January 22, 2016 at Noon. This is a terrific opportunity to spend a small amount of time to make a big difference in our community.
2016 Funding Rounds
- Round 1: Applications accepted from Monday, February 22, 2016 to Friday, March 18, 2016 at 3:00PM.
- Round 2: Applications accepted from Monday, August 22, 2016 to Friday, September 23, 2016 at 3:00PM.
Since 2014, the program has awarded over $170,000 to 73 exciting projects in Windsor.
Full details on how to apply to be a Juror, as well as program guidelines, objectives, key priorities, and eligibility requirements can be found at www.achfwindsor.ca.
For more information on municipal services, call 311 or visit www.citywindsor.ca
The Arts, Culture + Heritage Fund (ACHF) Grant Program Background Information
The City of Windsor’s Arts, Culture and Heritage Fund (ACHF) invests in the soul of our City by providing financial assistance to locally-developed arts, culture and heritage projects that provide exciting, surprising and meaningful opportunities to strengthen our creative community. This funding initiative supports the City of Windsor’s priority to build a strong and stable creative community that contributes to a prosperous creative economy and to making Windsor an amazing place to live.
- Promote innovation and support new, dynamic efforts in the creative community;
- Develop unique cultural resources to enhance the health and vitality of our communities and the quality of life for our people;
- Encourage participants in the creative community to stay and continue to create and work in the City of Windsor;
- Make arts, culture and heritage central to the lives of all our people;
- Increase public awareness and access to the arts, culture and heritage sectors;
- Celebrate diversity by recognizing our rich creative community; and
- Value creativity by promoting and supporting arts, culture and heritage.
Projects eligible for funding must benefit one or more cultural sectors and will develop new alliances and creative, innovative approaches. Funding will be distributed over two evaluation periods. Projects must address one or more of the following key priorities:
- Increase Windsor’s attractiveness, affordability, and quality of life;
- Support the development of new audiences;
- Increase the supply of skilled cultural workers;
- Nurture creativity and imagination through arts, culture and heritage projects;
- Encourage the inclusion of diverse cultural groups;
- Increase public access to the creative community.
Organizations and individuals are urged to apply following the project guidelines on www.citywindsor.ca.