Open Streets Windsor Releases Hub Activity Map and Vehicle Crossing Points
Open Streets Windsor 2022 is almost here, and we hope the whole community can come out and enjoy our 8-kilometre vehicle-free space on Sunday, September 18, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
View the eight-kilometre Open Streets 2022 Route Map spanning numerous neighbourhoods of the city that will be temporarily open to people but closed to cars.
Vehicle Crossing Points
Once again, drivers who just need to get from point A to B along the event route during Open Streets Windsor will be able to cross at the following 10 signalized intersections:
- Bruce Avenue at University Avenue East
- Victoria Avenue at University Avenue East
- Pelissier Street at University Avenue East
- Goyeau Street at University Avenue East
- McDougall Street at University Avenue East
- Glengarry Avenue at University Avenue East
- Parent Avenue at Wyandotte Street East
- Gladstone Avenue at Wyandotte Street East
- Lincoln Road at Wyandotte Street East
- Walker Road at Wyandotte Street East
Please note: streets will be closed from one hour prior to event to one hour after event (streets closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
Open Streets are unique events that have been held in over 100 cities in North America and involve the temporary closure of roadways to vehicular traffic, allowing people to use them for a host of healthy and fun physical activities like walking, cycling, yoga, dancing and fitness.
If you’re riding the route, please be courteous to pedestrians, especially in busier hubs. Consider dismounting and walking your bike through tighter spots, and watch for signage as well, as dismounting will be required within a limited area downtown.