United Way Announces 2016 I Believe in My Community Awards Finalists
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has released its list of finalists for the 2016 I Believe in My Community Awards.
“The individuals, businesses, and unions which are finalists this year exemplify what our mission is all about. They are taking bold action to mitigate and help reduce poverty in Windsor-Essex County by supporting United Way. Our community investments would not be possible without our partners’ outstanding contributions. Today is our chance to say a wholehearted thank you to those who go above and beyond.” – Lorraine Goddard, CEO of United Way
At the upcoming celebration, three special United Way awards will also be presented to Reliance Home Comfort for the Corporate Community Excellence Award, Windsor Police Association for the Labour Award of Distinction, and Barb and David Bjarneson for the Leading the Way Award. (See below for full list of finalists and award descriptions)
I Believe in My Community award recipients will be announced on the evening of March 29, 2017 at Caesars Windsor – an event generously sponsored by UNIFOR Local 1959, Caesars Windsor, Windsor Star, and AM800 CKLW.
I Believe in My Community Awards Finalists
The Campaign Hero Award salutes the Employee Campaign Coordinator/Canvasser or Team that demonstrates best practices, creativity, enthusiasm and energy in leading their United Way workplace campaign to either maintain or increase their campaign results.
- Enwin Utilities; IBEW Local 636
- Greater Essex County District School Board; CUPE Locals 27 & 1348,Greater Essex ETFO, OSSTF District 9, Non-Bargaining, OPC
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board – Windsor; CUPE Local 1750
The Community Partnership Award applauds the combined success of Workplace Employee Giving and Corporate Giving in support of United Way.
- Ford Motor Company of Canada; UNIFOR Locals 200 & 240, Voith Industrial Services, Penske Logistics Canada
- FCA Canada; UNIFOR Locals 444, 1498, 195 & ONA Local 8
- Green Shield Canada; UNIFOR Local 240
The Community Workplace Champions Award recognizes the public and private sector businesses and organizations that consistently demonstrate their commitment to the community through their involvement, leadership, and contributions to United Way.
- Canada Revenue Agency – Windsor Site of the London Tax Service Office; Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada & Public Service Alliance of Canada Union of Taxation Employees
- Dakkota Integrated Systems; UNIFOR Local 444
- Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare; ONA Local 8, CUPE Local 1132, OPSEU Local 101, UNIFOR Local 2458, IBEW Local 636
The Quantum Leap Giving Award distinguishes the workplace in which employees significantly increase their giving to the community through United Way over last year.
- Transit Windsor; ATU Local 616
- Caesars Windsor; UNIFOR Local 444
- BASF Canada; UNIFOR Local 341-0
The Spirit of Community Award endorses the company that best exemplifies the spirit of caring for the people of our community through outstanding employee and community engagement.
- Hiram Walker & Sons; IUOE Local 772, UNIFOR Local 2027
- Jeff Smith’s County Chevrolet
The Lead United Team Award celebrates the workplace team which promotes best practices in Leadership Giving by encouraging individual contributions at the Leadership level ($1,200+).
- BMO Financial Group (acclaimed)
Every one of the I Believe in My Community Awards has a generous sponsor. This year’s I Believe in My Community award sponsors are:
- Caesars Windsor
- Windsor Family Credit Union
- UNIFOR Locals 200, 444, 2458 and 1959