Celebrating with the theme, “Proud to be Canadian,” the “19th Annual Biz X Awards Gala” was held at St. Clair College Centre for the Arts on November 18, 2016. Decor created by Diane Spencler Glover of Designs by Diane. Awards ceremony produced by Bigtime Presentations. Special thanks to John Groundwater and Emilio Carro of Manan Media in partnership with the Windsor Centre for Film & Digital Media for creating our awards highlight video.
2016 BIZ X AWARDS
O’ Canada, how we love you and everything that goes with being Canadian!
The 19th annual Biz X Awards issue reveals the 24 award winners chosen out of 222 nominees ders. For a quick list see below but turn to page 18 to meet the Judges, refresh your memory on the rules and page 21 to page 46 you can read the complete list of all nominees and the reasons why each winner was chosen.
Pictures here by Rod Denis were taken at our gala held November 18, 2016 at St. Clair College Centre for the Arts. We celebrated with a “Proud to be Canadian” theme to honour nominees all nominees and the publishing of our 190th issue.
We wish to thank St. Clair and their amazing team, Designs by Diane, Bigtime Presentations, Joe McParland (MC), the entire Biz X team, celebrity presenters, Pelee Winery, Festival Tent, Sparky and the Windsor Firefighters, Limos by Mr. J, Manan Media (John Groundwater and Emilio Carro videographers), The Trophy Boys, Sydney Matlock, Collins Formal Wear, Martin’s Coiffeur, our judges, sponsors, advertisers, raffle prize donors and supporters..
Check out all photos in our January issue and be sure to read every page to discover “The Great White North” is the place to find the best entrepreneurs around, eh!
BUSINESS & SERVICE
1. “Outstanding New Business Of 2016” – Wolfhead Distillery
2. “Fantastic Family Biz” – Anchor Coffee House
3. “Land Surveyors Who Go The Limit” – Surveyors On Site Inc.
4. “The Small Engine Repair Shop That Gets Your Motor Running” – Campeau Small Engine Service
5. “The Safety Consultant Our Lives Depend On” – WorkSmart Safety & HR Solutions
6. “The Transmission Shop That’s Always In High Gear” – Danny’s Transmission Windsor (2005) Ltd.
7. “Top Of The Heap Bin Rental” – Countryside Disposal Service Ltd.
8. “2016 Powerhouse Professional” – Mark Jones of New World Park Solutions Inc. O/A Playworld Ontario
9. “Artist Of The Year” – Christian Vegh
10. “Ace Of Cakes” – Saskia Scott – Sweet Revenge Bake Shop
11. “The Makeup Artist Who Puts Your Best Face Forward” – Samantha George – Hair and Makeup by Samantha George
12. “Charity Begins With This Mover & Shaker” – John Fairley
13. “Leader Of The Franchise World” – Vicky Smith, Tim Hortons-Lagill Enterprises Inc.
14. “The Best Little Retail Shop Of 2016” – BB Branded Lifestyle & Sneaker Boutique
15. “Deli Dreamland” – Donna’s Deli
16. “A Bookworm’s Paradise” – Biblioasis
17. “Trendiest Fashion Boutique” – Anne’s On The Avenue
18. “Most Memorable Memorial Company” – Hallmark Memorial Co.
19. “Lettuce Declare This The Healthiest Delivery Around” – Lee & Maria’s
HOSPITALITY & ENTERTAINMENT
20. “Restaurant That’s Hot, Hot, Hot For 2016!” – F&B Walkerville
21. “County Cuisine Worth The Drive” – Mettawas Italian Mediterranean Grill
22. “The Most Wonderful Event Of The Year” – Bob Probert Memorial Ride
23. “The Lanes That Bowl You Over” – Super Bowl Lanes
24. “Simply The Best Wings In Town” – Rock Bottom Bar & Grill
Business and Service Category Sponsor
People Category Sponsor
Retail Category Sponsor