2016 BIZ X AWARDS CATEGORIES
Feature photo: At the “18th Annual Biz X Awards Gala” in 2015, the “Tent Rental Company Which Covers All The Bases” recipient was Festival Tent & Party Rentals Inc. Accepting their award were Co-owners Lea-Ann Suzor (right) and Rob Weir pictured on stage with Biz X Publisher Deborah Jones. Photo by Lori Deschaine.
NOMINATE YOUR FAVOURITE BUSINESSES AND PROFESSIONALS UNTIL NOON, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016.
VOTING BEGINS SEPT. 12 TO SEPT. 26, 2016.
Who is going to be lucky enough to win a Biz X Award in 2016? This is your chance now to have your opinion count and help choose the leading businesses and organizations in the area!
You may now nominate until September 12 the businesses and people in Windsor Essex who you believe are the best in each of the categories listed and deserve to be recognized.
Using the form below please choose the category from the drop down menu and include as much information as you can. Please also include supporting evidence about your nominee.
Nominees will be made public on the Biz X website when voting commences September 12 at 5 pm and continues through to September 26.
Return to our site when the voting period begins and cast your vote for your choice to win the 2016 Biz X Award in each respective category.
- Note only one vote per category is permitted.
- Only businesses & people in the Windsor & Essex County region can be nominated.
- Chains, franchises and non profits not permitted unless marked (PEOPLE section and award #22.)
- Brackets following award category outline the type of business we are looking for and also mentions those that can’t be included as there may have been a category previously awarded.
Good luck to all area businesses and if you are lucky enough to win . . . you and your guests receive a complimentary invitation to the “19th Annual Biz X Awards Gala” (held November 18 at St. Clair College Centre For The Arts with decor by Designs by Diane and Arms Bumanlag as MC); a plaque from The Trophy Boys in Windsor; a write-up in our Nov/Dec awards issue and will be declared #1 in their category.
And now we present . . . THE 2016 BIZ X AWARDS CATEGORIES
BUSINESS & SERVICE (no chains/non profits permitted)
1. “Outstanding New Business Of 2016” (businesses that opened from September 1, 2015 to September 1, 2016) *No restaurants/food trucks can be included as they can participate in category #2 and also the Hospitality & Entertainment Categories #20/21 or #24.
2. “Fantastic Family Biz” (open to all family businesses with either a brother/sister team or couple running it or a business operating for two generations or more)
3. “Land Surveyors Who Go The Limit” (land surveying companies who do as much as possible for their customers: residential property boundaries; land developers and industrial clients for new buildings etc)
4. “The Small Engine Repair Shop That Gets Your Motor Running” (where to fix your riding/push mowers, snow/leaf blowers, chain saws etc.)
5. “The Safety Consultant Our Lives Depend On” (companies that can help you prepare for a medical emergency with CPR, first aid and defibrillator training or health/safety matters in the workplace)
6. “The Transmission Shop That’s Always In High Gear” (good pricing, a trusted reputation, experience and flexible appointments) *Note can specialize in fixing transmissions or be a general automotive repair centre.
7. “Top Of The Heap Bin Rental” (where to rent disposal bins to clear away unwanted items for residential use or as a waste management solution for businesses. check for competitive rates, large selection and sizes)
8. “2016 Powerhouse Professional” (a local business owner or manager that has who it takes to keep the company/organization they own or work for profitable in today’s tough times)
9. “Artist Of The Year” (singer, painter, musician, sculptors, bands, actors only) *No authors, photographers or corporate entertainment businesses.
10. “Ace Of Cakes” (cake decorators/bakers who make delicious cakes for all occasions with amazing and creative designs)
11. “The Makeup Artist Who Puts Your Best Face Forward” (a professional who can turn you into a cover girl for any social/business function or even your own wedding!)
12. “Charity Begins With This Mover & Shaker” (an individual who contributes to the betterment of the community by volunteering their time to one or more charities/organizations, helps with fundraising or even donates money or resources)
13. “Leader Of The Franchise World” (a successful executive who owns or runs one or more franchises for a chain of stores or restaurants)
RETAIL (no chains/non profits permitted)
14. “The Best Little Retail Shop Of 2016” (open to all retailers with good prices, excellent customer service and selection) *Note they must have a storefront, no on-line businesses please.
15. “Deli Dreamland” (a deli or market with high quality meats/sausages or cheeses to make lunch for work or a sammie at home)
16. “A Bookworm’s Paradise ” (a bookstore featuring, new, old and rare books with a variety of local authors as well as being nicely organized and perhaps offer a comfy space to browse)
17. “Trendiest Fashion Boutique” (women’s apparel with the latest casual styles in plenty of sizes with staff who can make you look and feel good!) *Note selling formal dresses is not a factor in this award.
18. “Most Memorable Memorial Co.” (during a time of sorrow companies you can rely on for monuments/tombstones, grave markers, urns/vases or even pet memorials)
19. “Lettuce Declare This The Healthiest Delivery Around” (the produce delivery service to call to get the freshest local veggies, fruit or other grocery items right to your door)
HOSPITALITY & ENTERTAINMENT (no chains/non profits permitted except #22)
20. “Restaurant That’s Hot, Hot, Hot For 2016!” (can be a new or an existing restaurant that offers exceptional cuisine, fair prices and has a unique, trendy atmosphere) *Restricted to dining establishments in Windsor, Tecumseh and LaSalle.
21. “County Cuisine Worth The Drive” (whether it offers small town diner hospitality or fine dining extraordinaire, the choice is up to you! consider menu, prices, customer service). *This is for restaurants outside Windsor, Tecumseh and LaSalle.
22. “The Most Wonderful Event Of The Year” (annual runs, golf tournaments, motorcycle rides etc. which take place for a limited time; if they fundraise for a charity, brownie points are given!) *Non profits and charities can participate as a special exception, however festivals and trade shows are not permitted.
23. “The Lanes That Bowl You Over” (bowling alleys with a large amount of lanes, leagues, extra perks like an on-site restaurant, party room and more)
24. “Simply The Best Wings In Town” (bars that serve tasty chicken wings with a great price/deal, large number of sauces, good customer service) *Nominee must be a bar, club or pub.
Please Review The Following Before Nominating
- Only businesses/people located in Windsor Essex are eligible to win.
- US citizens and those living outside of Essex County can vote for all categories as they are nominating a local business or person.
- Nominees must be 19 years of age or older.
- No chains or franchises are permitted with the exception of people working for a franchise are permitted in the “People” category. This also applies to non-profit organizations and charities to be included in award #22.
- Please check the criteria on the left of this page to make sure you are choosing the right business or individual.
- We reserve the right to move your nomination should it be placed in the wrong category.
- Please refer to the Awards Page for the entire list of rules before nominating any company or individual.
- No media can participate.
[contact-form-7 id=”6257″ title=”Awards Submission Form”]