2019 Interim Tax Bills in the Mail
The City of Windsor 2019 Interim property tax bills have been mailed. If you have not received your tax bill(s) by February 4 or have questions in regards to the amount of the bill, please call 311 (Alternate: 519-255-2489) or 1-877-746-4311 for toll-free long distance.
Please note that failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt property owners from paying their taxes. Penalties and interest (which can add up to 15% of the taxes on an annual basis) will be added for late payments.
Consistent with prior years, the interim bill is approved for 50% of the property taxes paid in 2018. Most property owners will see an adjustment on their tax bill for this purpose titled “2019 Interim Tax Cap Adjustment.” Changes resulting from MPAC assessment updates and/or the Final 2019 Municipal/Education Tax Rates will be reflected on the Final 2019 Tax Bill mailed in June.
Due dates for regular tax payments are: February 13, March 13, and April 17, 2019.
The City also offers three convenient pre-authorized payment plans (PAP).
Due dates for each of the PAP plans are as follows:
- Installment Date Plan: February 13, March 13, April 17, 2019
- Mid Month Plan: February 15, March 15, April 15, May 15 and June 17, 2019
- End of Month Plan: February 28, March 29, April 30, May 31 and June 28, 2019
Tax payments are accepted through a variety of methods:
- At an approved bank, credit union or trust company
- By mail (cheques only)
- Telephone or online banking
- With your mortgage payments at your financial institution
- City Hall drop-off boxes (cheques only)
- Customer Care Centres (cheques only)
Payment must be received by the City on or before the due date.
Property owners who are having trouble keeping up with their property tax payments are encouraged to seek lower cost financing alternatives, which are available through local financial institutions. Assistance through the City for property taxes is provided by way of the following programs:
- Tax Repayment Program: available to all property owners
- Tax Relief Program: available to single family residential property owners that meet the eligibility criteria (application deadline February 28, 2019)
To learn more about property taxes, visit. For information regarding property assessment, visit .