Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Adults 55 Years and Older Can Now Book an Appointment for a COVID-19 Vaccine
As of today, adults 55 years and older born in 1966 or earlier will be able to register to book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at either:
- The Windsor Family Credit Union (WFCU) Centre in Windsor,
- The Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre (NFFRC) in Leamington,
- The St. Clair College SportsPlex in Windsor,
- 1407 Moy Clinic
- Windsor Hall (former Windsor Star building), or
- Libro Credit Union Centre in Amherstburg.
Vaccinations at all of the above clinics are by appointment only and walk-ins are not permitted. All COVID-19 vaccination appointments at targeted vaccination clinics are currently for first doses only and must be scheduled through a single dedicated online booking system and can also be accessed from wevax.ca or by calling the vaccination booking call centre at 226-773-2200.
Everyone that schedules an appointment will be asked to attest that they are eligible to book an appointment. They will also be asked to bring a health card or any government-issued photo ID (if they do not have a health card) to confirm their appointment. Examples of acceptable government-issued photo ID include a driver’s license, a passport, a Status Card, or other provincial health card. Public Health takes vaccine prioritization seriously. Providing false information may result in cancellation of your appointment.
As more COVID-19 vaccines are provided to our region and more vaccination clinics and sites become operational, we must continue to practice public health measures to help prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Limit your contacts to your household only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use a medical or non-medical mask (e.g., cloth) in public settings.
- Cover mouth & nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home and do not go to work or school if you are sick.
- For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, please visit www.wevax.ca or subscribe to receive email updates from the Windsor Essex County Health Unit about COVID-19 vaccines.