Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Adults 60 Years and Older Can Now Book an Appointment for a COVID-19 Vaccine
As of April 2, 2021, adults 60 years and older born in 1961 or earlier will be able to register to book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at either:
- The Windsor Family Credit Union (WFCU) Centre in Windsor,
- The Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre (NFFRC) in Leamington,
- The St. Clair College SportsPlex in Windsor,
- Windsor Hall (former Windsor Star building), or
- Libro Credit Union Centre in Amherstburg.
Vaccinations at all of the above clinics are by appointment only and walk-ins are not permitted. All COVID-19 vaccination appointments at targeted or mass vaccination clinics are for first doses only and will be scheduled through a single dedicated online booking system and can also be accessed from wevax.ca. The new system allows for an individual or a couple to book an appointment online. Please note that there are currently limited long-term appointments in the booking system as upcoming vaccine supply shipments are unknown. As we are able to confirm the upcoming vaccine supply, the number of appointments available will be adjusted into the booking system.
Family and friends of adults 60 years of age and older are encouraged to support their loved one(s) in booking an appointment. For those unable to access the online system, help is available by calling 226-773-2200. Due to expected call volumes initially, it may take multiple attempts to speak with a call centre representative.
As more COVID-19 vaccines are provided to our region and more vaccination clinics and sites become operational, we must continue to practice public health measures to help prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Limit your contacts to your household only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use a medical or non-medical mask (e.g, cloth) in public settings.
- Cover mouth & nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home and do not go to work or school if you are sick.