COVID-19 FACTS FOR ONTARIO
COVID-19 FACTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ISSUED BY PUBLIC HEALTH ONTARIO
- How to clean and disinfect public settings
- How to self-monitor
- How to self-isolate
- How to self-isolate for caregivers, household members and close contacts
FOOD SAFETY AND TAKEOUT FOOD
How to reduce health risks when picking up takeout food or drive-thru food.
There is no current evidence that eating takeout food or drive-thru food increases your risk of illness. In fact, takeout food and food delivery are good options for everyone because it helps maintain physical distancing and reduces the amount of surfaces and people that we come into contact with.
- Always maintain the required 2 metre physical distance between yourself and others if waiting in line to pick up takeout food
- Wait in your car if possible
- Prepay online before pick up if this is an option
- To further reduce risks, thoroughly wash hands with soap and warm water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer after handling any food packaging and before eating
- For any safety concerns related to how food is being handled, file a food safety complaint anonymously on our website. Public Health Inspectors will follow up within 24 hours
Note: For individuals required to self-isolate at home, use a meal delivery service instead.
Source: Windsor Essex County Health Unit
- Windsor Regional Hospital Visitor Pre-Screening Form (form patients and visitors who come to Windsor Regional Hospital can print out at home and fill out PRIOR to coming to hospital.)
- Windsor Regional Hospital COVID-19 Daily Update
- Windsor Essex County Health Unit Daily Update
MEDICAL CLINICS IN WINDSOR
A map has been designed to indicate where area residents can still receive patient care including but not limited to doctor/NP offices, walk-in-clinics, diagnostic imaging (x-rays, etc) and lab blood draw clinics. Developed by Essex County Medical Society President, Dr. Jennifer Bondy, and colleagues, the map can be found at https://ecms.org/covid-19-updates-public/ This map is a one-stop-shop letting people know where they can go to get the care that they need.
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESSES & INDIVIDUALS IN CANADA
- Individuals, students, seniors
For more information on support for Deferred payments, access to credit, creating new jobs for youth and more please visit HERE!