THE WINDSORESSEX COMMUNITY FOUNDATION PROVIDES 10 LOCAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS WITH KIDSTART GRANTS TO SUPPORT PROJECTS THAT BUILD A STRONG CONNECTION TO COMMUNITY
The WindsorEssex Community Foundation (WECF) is proud to announce a total of $4,000 has been granted to ten elementary schools through the KidStart Grant Program.
Each year the WECF funds class projects that will have a positive impact on the community outside their elementary school classrooms. The KidStart Projects provide students with a unique community building experience of their own, encourage hands-on community outreach, increase student’s pride in their school and community, encourage creative thinking, and provide constructive ways to address Vital Signs 2018 issue areas.
“We love being able to support local schools and to support children thinking about giving back to their community in a meaningful way. The teachers and students at each of these schools are very enthusiastic about building relationships and partnerships in their community and the WECF is pleased to be able to provide them with opportunities to make their communities stronger.” – Lisa Kolody, Executive Director of the WECF
The following schools will receive funding through the KidStart Grant Program:
- Lakeshore Discovery School (JK/SK Class) to fund their Physical Activity Kits to benefit children enrolled at the Downtown Windsor Community Collaborative “Sport 4 All Program”
- Ford City Public School (Grade 4/5) to fund their Wrapped in Warmth project to benefit families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Forest Glade Public School (Grade 1/2) to fund their Playing and Art with Grandpals program to benefit seniors at the Riverside Place Nursing Home.
- Ford City Public School (Grade 4/5) to fund their Ford City Community Garden project to benefit the Ford City neighbourhood.
- William G. Davis Public School (Grade 7) to fund their Students and Seniors Friendship Day program to benefit seniors at the Windsor Essex Community Housing Corporation.
- D.M Eagle Public School (Grade 3/4) to fund their Goodies for Grandpals – Remember Us Bags project to benefit seniors at Heron Terrace Retirement Home.
- Coronation Public School (Music Class) to fund their Choir presentations at Retirement Home(s) to benefit residents at Chartwell Royal Marquis Retirement Home.
- D.M Eagle Public School (Grade 4) to fund their Goodies for Grandpals – Remember Us Bags project to benefit seniors at Heron Terrace Retirement Home.
- A.V. Graham Public School (Grade 8) to fund their Blankets and Biscuits for Buddies project to benefit dogs sheltered at the Windsor Humane Society.
- Central Public School (Grade 4) to fund their Quilts-4-You project to benefit seniors at the Village at St. Clair.
The WindsorEssex Community Foundation, originally founded in 1983 as Heritage Windsor, is a perpetual community trust for philanthropic purposes. It exists to manage donors’ legacy funds and make grants to support local community programs. Through grant making activities, the WECF is able to establish partnerships to assist a broad range of community organizations.