Reopening Ontario Schools Survey
The Minister of Education has mandated that all boards of education in Ontario prepare for the reopening of school in September 2020.
The GECDSB invites the participation of parents / guardians in the development of the return to school plan with a brief survey: Reopening Our Schools Survey
The guiding principles of our school reopening planning include:
- Addressing safety concerns for our students, staff and families – mitigating risks;
- Maximizing student-teacher (face-to-face) learning opportunities;
- Planning for an effective transition to Regular Classroom Instruction (full time schooling) or Remote Learning (at-home) models as may be necessary;
- Providing consistency, when possible, for students and families in scheduling;
- Guiding our planning by the ‘COVID-19: Recommendations for School Reopening’ (Sick Kids – June 2020) and the Ministry of Education’s ‘Approach to Reopening Schools for the 2020-2021 School Year’ documents.
Since its initial posting more than 3000 families have responded with their ideas, comments and suggestions. The survey will remain open until July 8th.