FROM THE PUBLISHER – Fashion, Fun, Food, Friends & Fundraising — The 2023 Celebrity Men Fashion Event
Biz X magazine has always been a strong supporter of the local Kidney chapter for their various fundraisers and for 2023 we are once again honoured to co-sponsor the Celebrity Men Fashion Event.
Organizer Shannon Van Watteghem-Levasseur, Fund and Community Development Officer with The Kidney Foundation of Canada, Windsor & District Chapter, states that the committee and past supporters are also thrilled this event is returning after a long hiatus due to COVID-19.
“Our goal is to raise $50,000 and attract 250 corporate and community partnerships to support this important fundraiser,” she says.
This year is the fifth anniversary of the event, which takes place Thursday, May 25 at the new and unique venue of Formula First Collision, 9420 Tecumseh Road East in Windsor.
Other sponsors of the event are; Tilray Brands, Rob & Deb Team Armitage, and Southwestern Manufacturing Inc. There are also many local businesses providing items and services for various aspects of the evening.
The 13 celebrity models sporting fashions from The Suit Shop Co., Running Factory, Collins Formal Wear, and At Ease Men’s Apparel are . . .
- Cris Kambouris, a senior accredited listing real estate agent with the Cris Kambouris Real Estate Team — Keller Williams Lifestyle Realty.
- Joel Robinet, a kidney transplant recipient, Director on the Kidney Foundation of Canada, Windsor & District Chapter Community Advisory Committee and also a facilitator with peer-to-peer programs.
- Michael K. Potter, Co-owner of Shadowbox Theatre and Managing Director of Post Productions who has been acting for 34 years and producing and directing for seven years. He is also a faculty member at the University of Windsor.
- Chris Cerchie, an RN in the Renal Department of Windsor Regional Hospital who is one of the program’s Renal Managers and a Director on the Kidney Foundation of Canada, Windsor & District Chapter Community Advisory Committee.
- Dr. Danish Mazhar, a physician at the Amherstburg Family Health Team.
- Randy Daigneau, Senior Vice President of Operations and Supply Chain at Tilray Canada Ltd.
- Dennis Segatto, a kidney transplant recipient who works with the Canadian Transplant Association Games.
- Chris Byrne, a radio personality from Pure Country 89.
- Matt Rutherford, also a radio personality, on 93.9 Virgin Radio.
- Jordan Malabanan, a Firefighter with Windsor Fire & Rescue Services and a recent contestant on the American reality dating series, The Real Love Boat.
- Craig Ramsay, a veteran stage and television performer and winner of The Amazing Race Canada in 2022.
- Peter Hrastovec, a commercial litigator with Shibley Righton LLP and Windsor’s newest poet laureate.
- Frank Gobbato, the Owner of Formula First Collision and gracious host of the event.
“Funds raised from this event, and other events like it, support The Kidney Foundation of Canada’s programs and services in our communities,” indicates Van Watteghem-Levasseur. “Programs such as patient and community education events, information and referral services, peer support program (which one of our Celebrity Men is a facilitator for), short-term financial assistance, and support for Lions Camp Dorset (family summer camp) and Camp Kivita, a camp for children living with transplants and currently with kidney disease. Not to mention how events, such as Celebrity Men Fashion Event, raise awareness about kidney health and organ donation.”
The evening begins with mixing and mingling, delicious hors d’oeuvres, raffles, a live and silent auction — and the famous wine chest has had a facelift! Hosts Michelle Mainwaring (Windsor actress) and our own Biz X Columnist Joe McParland are sure to keep you in stitches throughout the evening.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and tickets are $90 for VIP (includes prime reserved seating, two drink tickets and wait service during the show) and $60 for general admission.
Tickets are limited and can be purchased online, or by calling Shannon at the Kidney Foundation of Canada, Windsor and District office, 519-977-9211.
Biz X will be there and we hope you will be too!