WEST Gala 2017 – International Women’s Day Gala
WEST Gala 2017 – Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST) celebrated its annual International Women’s Day Gala on Wednesday March 8th, 2017 at St. Clair Centre for the Arts.
400 guests attended the annual fundraising event that will highlight the accomplishments achieved by women in the past, present, and future; advancing women further towards equality. Jacqueline Lyanga, Director of AFI (American Film Institute) Fest, was the Keynote Speaker for our IWD Gala 2017. In 2014 Jacqueline was on Essence Magazine’s list of the 75 most powerful black women in Hollywood, and she was featured in Variety’s 2014 Women’s Impact Report as one of the female entertainment industry leaders in Hollywood deemed a game-changer and innovator.
This year’s theme was “Empowering Women & Girls Into the Future”.
During the event, WEST recognized its ” Journey Towards Success” recipients. The recipients are WEST clients, who have gone on a challenging journey and been successful in achieving their goals, as well as Community Partners that have demonstrated a belief in the WEST mission and continue to actively support women on their journey toward success.
The 2017 Journey Toward Success Award Recipients are:
- Legacy Award – Martha Reavley, Award Sponsored by TD
- The Trailblazer Award (Corporate) – H & R Block Canada Inc., Award Sponsored by BMO
- The Trailblazer Award (Small/ Medium Business) – AlphaKOR, Award Sponsored by Biz X magazine
- The Phenomenal Women –Francisca Bakre, Award Sponsored by Caesars
- The Sisterhood Award – Terry Weymouth, Award Sponsored by Windsor Star
- The Visionary Award – Mona Stonefish, Award Sponsored by CTV
- VIP – New Partner Award – Karen Pillon Award Sponsored by AM800
- The Innovation Award – Reem Al-Khulaidi, Award Sponsored by CPA
Photos by Rod Denis – Biz X magazine