WFCU JOY OF GIVING PROGRAM CONTRIBUTES OVER $14,000 TO WINDSOR AND ESSEX COUNTY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
The holiday season is here and WFCU Credit Union, staff and members have come together once again to give back to our community through the WFCU Joy of Giving program.
The Joy of Giving program is a combined effort between WFCU Credit Union, staff and members. Together, over $14,000 was donated in non-perishable food items, clothing, gift cards and cash donations to various organizations including Adopt-A-Family Programs with Drouillard Place and Windsor Essex Children’s Aid Society.
Below is a list of organizations receiving donations this holiday season.
- Amherstburg Firefighters – Toy Drive
- Amherstburg Food and Fellowship Mission
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Windsor Essex
- Brock Elementary – Breakfast Program
- Drouillard Place
- Hiatus House
- Leamington & Area “Toys 4 Tots”
- Ronald McDonald House Windsor
- Salvation Army, Leamington
- St. Mary’s Anglican Church – Food Cupboard
- St. John’s Church – Leamington
- Street Help
- The Annual AM800 ‘Cans for a Cause’ for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- The Downtown Mission of Windsor
- The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County
- The Leone Residence for Women
- The Salvation Army
- The Summit Centre for Preschool Children with Autism
- The VON Secret Santa Campaign
- The Windsor Youth Centre
- Unemployed Help Centre
- Welcome Centre Shelter for Women
- Windsor Essex Children’s Aid Society
- Windsor Fire and Rescue – Sparky’s Toy Drive
- Windsor Homes Coalition Inc.
- Windsor Life Centre
- Windsor Residence for Young Men
- Windsor/Essex County Humane Society
- Wings Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
“Over the years, we [WFCU Credit Union] have been proud to spread holiday cheer and support to individuals and families within our communities. Assisting local organizations in need and sponsoring community programs like the Amherstburg River Lights, Christmas in Tecumseh, food drives, coat drives and various Adopt a Family Programs are just some of the things WFCU Credit Union, our employees and our members have supported.” – Martin J. Komsa, WFCU CEO
WFCU Credit Union’s ‘200 Ways of Giving’ initiative encouraged employees to give back to the community and truly experience the “Joy of Giving”. WFCU Credit Union provided employees a total of $10,000 to make various donations to an organization, initiative or program of their choice.
From December 7th through December 15th, 2016, WFCU Credit Union staff had the opportunity to visit over 25 organizations in Windsor – Essex delivering these donations and spreading joy for the holiday season.