Windsor ComiCon 2018 Returns to Caesars Windsor
If you happen to be downtown this weekend, and notice there are more than a few folks are dressed more dramatically than usual, there’s no need to be alarmed. They are likely just showing their unabashed love for their favorite comic book or movie characters at Windsor ComiCon 2018. This annual gathering of all things geeky is again being held at Caesars Windsor in the Colosseum!
This year’s event is jam packed with geeky goodness, as virtually every comic book and game shop in town is on hand, as well as many local artists and performers. While there are many vendors selling something sure to scratch every collectors itch, there are also many charities as well getting in on the fun. Canada’s own 501st Legion, a group that celebrates the Star Wars bad guys, is on hand to raise funds for the Make a Wish Foundation. Belle River’s Fight Like Mason is continuing to keep Masons brave memory alive by raising money to bring more awareness of Childhood Cancer. With many so vendor booths and plenty of distinguished guests from all genres, there’s plenty to see… and plenty more to buy at this year’s event!
Attractions will include a Jurassic Park themed exhibit as well as a very realistic Ghostbusters Experience. There will also be a Degrassi reunion taking place Saturday at Vu Nightclub. If you love to Cosplay and have a great costume, get on down there and enter the competition contest. You don’t have to be a geek to have a great time, there’s plenty to see and experience for everyone!
This weekend’s guests on hand are:
- Tony Todd – Known for roles in Star Trek, Candyman, as well as voicing Transformers “The Fallen” and Zoom from DC’s The Flash among many others, Tony is Geek royalty!
- Mark Henry – Weightlifter and WWE powerhouse, Mark has many accolades under his wrestling belt. Biz X was happy to bring this powerhouse to Windsor!
- David Yost – Best known as the Blue Ranger from the first 4 seasons of The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. With almost 200 episodes to his credit, he is the quintessential Power Ranger.
- Phil Lamar – A veteran voice actor who has been in pretty much everything, it’s almost easier to list what he hasn’t had a role in!
- Tyler Mane – As Sabertooth in the first X-Men movie, he made a dramatic entrance to acting. As a former wrestler turned actor, he terrified as Michael Myers from the 2007 Halloween remake, as well as its sequel H2 and many other action/horror films.
- Cal Dodd – Best known as the voice of Wolverine in the 90’s animated series, Cal has reprised that role in many X-Men video games.
- Marv Wolfman – Creator of Marvel favourites such as Blade, Bullseye, Nova, and The Black Cat, he also had a huge impact in the DC universe as well!
- Mark Bagley – Creator of Carnage, and producer of the Venom: Lethal Protector series in the Spiderman comics.
- Larry Hama – Essentially the father of the 80’s G.I. Joe reboot, his vision lead to not just a new line of comics, but an iconic TV cartoon that still resonates with many today…because knowing is half the battle!
- Chris Bachalo – Having worked with both Marvel and Dc, Chris’s contribution to comics ranges over many titles and characters too numerous to list!
- Scott Hanna – Scott is Eisner Award winning artist who has literally worked on thousands of pages of comics, spanning both DC and Marvel universes!
- Alex Milne – Alex has worked on many of the modern G.I. Joe and Transformers comics from IDW!
- Richard Comely – As the creator of our very own Captain Canuck, Richard was inducted into the Joe Shuster Canadian Comic Book Creators Hall of Fame in 2010! The Canadian Mint is working with him to produce a Captain Canuck coin!
Many of these guests will be doing panels upstairs on both days. Doors will be open from 10am until 5pm Sunday.
We hope to see you there!!!
You can view the full Windsor Comicon 2018 schedule HERE.
Photos by Rod Denis – Biz X magazine