COOKING WITH HOPE – Nooch, A Vegan Eatery & BBQ Cauliflower Bites
At 350 Cabana Road East, you will find Windsor’s FIRST ALL VEGAN comfort food restaurant — nooch, a vegan eatery.
It is 100% meat eater approved, and even has vegans asking, “are you sure this is vegan?”
Meat eaters come in very skeptical and are not sure what to expect, but then leave very happy and satisfied — vegan or not, this eatery is for all those who enjoy a good meal.
My dad and boyfriend are meat eaters, and even though their mind is not made up when it comes to trying vegan food…. they absolutely love this place!
Sharing a friendship over 25+ years long, Keith Uruski, Stephanie Chamko, Mary Farrell, and Chris Farrell all had a passion for cooking and are big foodies. With an idea in mind of bringing vegan food to Windsor, they decided to get more serious about cooking, and started to experiment with professional cooking equipment and create new recipes.
Their idea expanded and flourished as the four friends set out to find an area of Windsor that was lacking vegan options. With the goal of a sit-down restaurant, with the perfect location in mind, they made it into their own. Their vegan eatery opened up in September of 2018 and has been growing ever since.
nooch brings to the surface that vegan food can be and is so much more than just a garden salad. With passion, love for food and creativity, it can be so much more.
With comfort foods such as poutine fries, pulled jackfruit sandwich, gyros, ultimate cheesy pasta, seitan bites, their Big Mock and famous carrot cake will leave you speechless.
At the time of writing in early June they are open Friday to Sunday from 3 p.m.to 8p.m. for curbside pick up only due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
Enjoy one of their appetizers, a bottle of wine, a meal and a dessert to celebrate your weekend.
This week’s recipe is inspired by nooch! This recipe is so easy to whip up and is a great side dish for your weekend BBQ.
BBQ Cauliflower Bites
You will need . . .
2 cups of cauliflower cut up into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Cajun
1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
Salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
2. Clean and cut your cauliflower into bite size florets.
3. On a baking sheet, spread out your florets and drizzle olive oil and add a bit of your salt. Place them back into the oven for 20 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, remove your baking sheet and add your florets into a medium size bowl.
5. Add your BBQ sauce and seasoning to your bowl and stir to coat each piece.
6. Place the florets back onto your baking sheet and place them into the oven for another 10 minutes.
7. Once 10 minutes is up, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. Add more BBQ sauce if wished on the side and enjoy.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @localplanteater if you try this out!