I-75 Closure for Road Bridge Demolition This Weekend
As construction of the Michigan Interchange progresses for the Gordie Howe International Bridge project, there will be a temporary closure of Interstate-75 in both directions from Springwells Street to Clark Street beginning Friday, December 6, 2019, at approximately 11:00 p.m. to allow for demolition of three road bridges. Lanes will re-open by 5:00 a.m. Monday, December 9, 2019.
• During that weekend, local traffic can continue to exit northbound I-75 at Springwells Street and enter northbound I-75 at Clark Street. Southbound I-75 traffic can exit at Clark Street and enter southbound I-75 at Springwells Street.
• West Fisher Service Drives between Springwells Street and Clark Street, on both sides of the Interstate, will remain open throughout that weekend.
• These nearby I-75 road bridges will remain open from fall 2019 to winter 2020: Green Street, Waterman Street, Dragoon Street, Junction Avenue and West Grand Boulevard.
• During the December 6-9 weekend, regional traffic traveling toward Detroit from Toledo, Ohio, on I-75 will be directed to take I-275 north to I-96, then I-96 east in order to reconnect with northbound I-75.
• Traffic traveling to Toledo from Auburn Hills, Michigan, on I-75 will be directed to take I-96 west to I-275, then I-275 south to reconnect with southbound I-75.
• Traffic exiting the Ambassador Bridge toll plaza and traveling to Toledo will be directed to take I-96 west to I-275 south to connect with southbound I-75.