Lowe’s Canada Celebrates the Grand Opening of the New Lowe’s Store in East Windsor
On Thursday, October 18, 2018, Lowe’s Canada will open its 68th Lowe’s store in Canada and expand the banner’s exciting shopping experience in the Windsor community.
The new Lowe’s East Windsor store will offer customers approximately 40,000 products in-stock as well as thousands more available through special order and online to meet all their home improvement needs. This store represents a local investment in excess of $21.6 million and created 75 new permanent jobs with an additional 80 seasonal roles.
Lowe’s will celebrate the official grand opening of the new Lowe’s East Windsor store with a ceremonial board cutting and community grant presentation to the Street Help Homeless Centre of Windsor.
- Drew Dilkens, Mayor, Windsor
- Biagio Marra, City Councillor, ward 8, Windsor
- Dr. Janice Forsyth, Interim President and CEO Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Malcolm Parks, Divisional Vice-President, Operations, Lowe’s
- Enrico Truant, Market Director, Lowe’s
- Lino Tesolin, Store Manager, Lowe’s East Windsor
- Christine Wilson-Furlonger, Administrator – Street Help Homeless Centre of Windsor
Grand opening activities include:
Thursday, October 18
- Giveaway: 5 L Pro-Mix potting soil (first 100 customers)
Friday, October 19
- Giveaway: Bosch 32-piece screwdriver bit set (first 200 customers)
Saturday, October 20
- Children’s Workshop for families at 10 a.m.
- Live in-store radio remote with CKLW AM 800 and a draw for a $250 Lowe’s gift card and a small appliance
- Giveaway: $25 Lowe’s gift card (first 150 customers)
Sunday, October 21
- Giveaway: Lowe’s white water Bottle (first 100 customers)
Monday, October 22
Exclusive VIP event for contractors from 12 to 2 p.m. To register, contractors can call the store at 519-251-4741 and ask to speak with the Contractor Specialist to request an invite.
- Draw to win 1 of 3 $250 Lowe’s gift cards
- Contractors can fill out a ballot to win 1 of 4 tool prizes
Based in Boucherville, Quebec, Lowe’s Canadian business, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, RONA Inc., operates or services more than 630 corporate and independent affiliate dealer stores in a number of complementary formats under different banners. These include Lowe’s, RONA, Réno-Dépôt, Dick’s Lumber and Ace. In Canada, the companies have more than 28,000 employees, in addition to nearly 5,000 employees in the stores of RONA’s independent affiliate dealers. For more information, visit Lowes.ca.