The Mama & Family Expo Launches Free Online Family Camp
The 6th Annual Mama & Family Expo, originally scheduled to happen this Friday May 1 & Saturday May 2, 2020 at Central Park Athletics has been postponed, set to be rescheduled with a new date TBD. But that is not stopping event organizer Teanna McKay from creating a virtual event, bringing fun and activities into the homes of local families.
The Windsor- Essex (W.E) Family Fun Camp is a virtual camp featuring a collective of positive, interactive, engaging videos (Camp Sessions) such as DIY and How to Videos, sing-alongs, cooking classes, arts & crafts, workouts, story time, dance parties and much more!
The idea behind the camp is to bring some of the activities that would have been at the expo this spring into the homes of local residents. The Camp will feature local businesses who were set to exhibit at the Mama & Family Expo, entrepreneurs, artists and everyday friends sharing a video they created to bring some smiles to the families of W.E.
“When I first learned that we were going to have to postpone the Mama & Family Expo due to the current Covid 19 Social Distancing requirements, it was heartbreaking, but as an event organizer, it is my top priority to deliver a safe, enjoyable and rewarding experience for all my guests, exhibitors, volunteers & team,” says McKay. “I know there are many Mamas-to-be, new parents and families that look forward to this event every year, which is why I want to assure everyone the event will happen as soon as we are allowed to host a gathering, and there will never be a better time for us to come together and “bring back the village” to Windsor-Essex as when we are all safe and able to meet again.”
CAMP KICK-OFF SCHEDULE
LOCATION: A Virtual Camp for the Entire Family located on Facebook / and Instagram
Friday May 1
4 PM – COOKING CLASS
– Learn how to cook a Mother’s Day Brunch with artist Jeff Denomme of Haunted Zoo and his Toddler son, Larkin.
5 PM – ARTS & CRAFTS
– Draw the perfect petal, with the flower drawing tutorial with Danielle from Sketch Art Workshop
7 PM BEDTIME STORY
– Get cozy as the Mermaid Princess from Evermore Princess Parties reads a bedtime story to your little ones
9 PM – DANCE PARTY
– Get ready to shake your groove thang with DJ Chino when the Kids Go to Bed, as he takes up back through the 80s & 90s!
Saturday May 2
8 AM – WORKOUT
– Lower Body Workout with The Shred Shop
10 AM TODDLER SOCCER
– Ages 1.5 – 3.5 Little Kickers in home soccer drill with Coach Lisa
11 AM BIG KID SOCCER
– Ages 3.5 – 7 Little Kickers in home soccer drill with Coach Lisa
12 PM COOKING CLASS
– Step up your spice game with Chef Bill of Smashed Apple
3 PM DIY POTTERY KIT
– Teanna & her Toddler twins dive into the Sketch Art Workshop DIY Pottery Kit.
And the fun of the event keeps on going as it comes directly into the homes of families with weekly agendas and camp sessions. The W.E Family Fun Camp will post a weekly Camp Schedule for the entire month of May. The Camp Session videos will be available on the Mama Expo social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
If someone would like to create a video and become a Camp Counselor for the W.E Family Fun Camp, McKay adds, “We still have lots of room for engaging videos, educational and entertaining ideas. You don’t have to be a business owner, a Mom who can teach a fun craft, a Dad with a DIY video or a Kid who has something fun for other kids, please contact me directly if you have something you would like to do for the camp and let’s bring some smiles to the families in our community together!”
For more information on the expo visit online.