City of Windsor to Host Public Info Centres on Sewer and Coastal Flood Protection Master Plan
The City of Windsor is continuing to develop its Sewer Master Plan and is looking for residents’ input. A series of public information centres (PIC) are scheduled for February to present the solutions that have been developed to date and to gather feedback from the public:
- Tuesday February 11, 5-8pm
Roseland Golf & Curling Club – Wansbrough Hall, 455 Kennedy Drive West, Windsor
- Wednesday February 12, 3-8pm
WFCU Centre – Michigan Room, 8787 McHugh Street, Windsor
- Thursday February 13, 5-8pm
Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre Presented by WFCU Credit Union – Lower East Atrium, 401 Pitt Street West, Windsor
Who Should Attend This PIC?
City of Windsor residents who:
- Experienced flooding in the past;
- Want to understand what the City is doing to address basement and surface flooding;
- Would like more information on how to protect their home from basement flooding;
- Are interested in the City’s Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program; or
- Want more information on the public infrastructure and private property measures being recommended through this plan.
The Sewer and Coastal Flood Protection Master Plan is a key element of the 8-Point Plan released by Mayor Drew Dilkens in response to the significant rainfall events in 2016 and 2017 that resulted in flooding in and around the homes of thousands of Windsor residents. The plan will confirm the areas that are vulnerable to flooding; identify reasons for the flooding; generate and evaluate short and long-term alternative solutions; and develop a long-range implementation strategy to manage flooding in the City.