You Can Now Renew Your Ontario Health Card Online
People across Ontario can now renew their photo health card online.
To renew a health card online, people in Ontario need:
- A valid driver’s licence to verify identity as a security measure
- To have lived at the same address at least 90 days prior to renewing
- To keep all other personal details the same
Individuals can still choose to renew their health card in-person at nearly 300 Service Ontario centres located across Ontario. Many are open on weekends and evenings and some allow you to skip the line by making an appointment. There is no fee to renew a health card either online or in-person.
- There is no fee to renew a health card. Regular fees apply to renew your driver’s licence, and are the same both online and in-person.
- If your identity cannot be verified online, you will need to renew your health card in-person.
- If you need a photo for your health card or driver’s licence, renewing both at the same time in-person will improve your chances of being able to renew both online the next time around.