City of Windsor 2018 Final Tax Bills in the Mail
The City of Windsor 2018 Final Property Tax Bills have been mailed. If you have not received your tax bills by July 10 or have questions in regards to the amount of the bill, please call 311 (alternate: 519-255-2489), 1-877-746-4311 for toll-free long distance.
Please note that failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt property owners from paying their taxes. Penalties and interest (which can add up to 15% of the taxes on an annual basis) will be added for late payments.
Property owners who are having trouble keeping up with their property tax payments are encouraged to seek lower cost financing alternatives, which are available through local financial institutions. Assistance through the City for property taxes is provided by way of the following programs:
- Tax Repayment Program: available to all property owners
- Tax Relief Program: available to single family residential property owners that meet the eligibility criteria (application deadline, February 28, 2019)
Due dates for regular tax payments are July 18, September 19 and November 14. The City also offers three convenient pre-authorized payment plans (PAP).
Due dates for each of the PAP plans are as follows:
- Instalment Date Plan: July 18, September 19 and November 14
- Mid-Month Plan: July 16, August 15, September 17, October 15, November 15
- End of Month Plan: July 31, August 31, September 28, October 31, November 30
Tax payments are accepted through a variety of methods:
- At an approved bank, credit union or trust company
- By mail (cheques only)
- Telephone or online banking
- With your mortgage payments at your financial institution
- City Hall drop-off boxes (cheques only)
- Customer Care Centres (cheques only)
It should be noted, that if you pay your property taxes through your mortgage, you will not receive a tax bill.